Disaster assistance following severe SEQ storms
Personal hardship payments have been extended to include eligible residents in Logan in response to the severe storms in South-East Queensland. People living in the following localities can access the assistance, made available through Commonwealth-State Disaster Recovery Funding Arrangements:
Cedar Creek, Cedar Grove, Cedar Vale, Flagstone, Glenlogan, Jimboomba, Kairabah, Mundoolun, Riverbend, Tamborine, Veresdale, Veresdale Scrub Woodhill, and Yarrabilba.
Disaster support available to eligible residents includes:
- Emergency Hardship Assistance Grants – $180 per person, up to $900 for a family of five or more to support immediate essential needs such as food, clothing or medical supplies.
- Structural Assistance Grants – up to $50,000 for uninsured, income-tested owner-occupiers towards the repair or replacement of a disaster damaged dwelling damaged to return it to a safe and habitable condition.
- Essential Services Hardship Assistance – $150 per person, up to $750 for a family of five or more to assist with immediate needs following the loss of essential services at home for more than five consecutive days.
- Essential Household Contents Grants – up to $1,765 for individuals and up to $5,300 for couples or families to replace destroyed essential household contents such as bed linen and white goods.
- Income-tested grants to help uninsured residents reconnect damaged services like electricity, gas and water. Up to $5,000 per household.
For more information, click on the Queensland Government link below. You can also get up-to-date information from the Disaster Dashboard in your Local Government Area.