The second phase of the Business Idea Bootcamp, Pitch Perfect, was held at Griffith University on Friday 22nd April. The purpose of this event was to consolidate knowledge gained from the Business Idea Bootcamp. It allowed our participants to practice presenting their business pitch in a 'real world' situation to a panel of local business leaders.
It was fair to say there were plenty of nerves in the room as participants were drawn at random to present their pitch to the judges. The atmosphere on the day was one of learning, support and encouragement from all attendees and judging panel.
The culmination of the day was the presentation of prizes to the top three participants who in the opinion of the judges presented the best pitch. There was also a people's choice award.
The judging panel included:
• John Perry, Manager, Jobs Queensland/Logan
• David Gardner, Treasurer, RDA Logan & Redlands
• Paul Casbolt, Chair, Logan Country Bendigo Bank
• Rob Geddes, Senior Consultant for Innovation, Australian Institute of Commercialisation
The Pitch Perfect Winners were:
- 1st Prize of Tailored Business Services Package worth $3,000 : Rick Barton, Launch Lifestyle Club
- 2nd Prize of Tailored Business Services Package Worth $1,500: Robyn Masters, Social Housing Furniture Recycling
- 3rd Prize of Tailored Business Services Package worth $500: Vicki Gibbs, Konnexionz
- People’s Choice Prize of $100 Graphic Design Voucher: Sally Terare, Sall’s Art Creations
RDA Chief Executive Officer, Mariae Leckie said that events like this are necessary for people to learn how to successfully communicate a good idea, quickly and effectively to attract partners, investors and customers.