Download Conference Flyer
Saturday 26 August 2017
Griffith University Logan Campus, L06 Auditorium
Registration opens 8:00am
Conference 8:30am - 4:00pm
Networking Drinks 4:30pm - 6:00pm (optional)
$55 + Booking Fees (limited to 200 participants)
Who should attend?
The 2017 Rotary Membership Conference: Engaging Volunteers, Recruitment & Retention is aimed at Rotary Club representatives and for the first time will also be open to other groups from the not-for-profit community sector.
What will you learn?
The objective of the conference is for attendees to develop a blueprint for Rotary Club or community organisations to maintain relevance, and recruit and retain volunteers.
At the end of the one-day conference you'll leave with a completed workbook to take back to your members to inspire and guide them. Join us to help your organisation to evolve and attract new volunteers to serve humanity.
As part of registration you will receive preparation material to ensure you will get the most out of the day.
Participants will hear from brand expert and founder of Brand Genetics Allan Bonsall, who will share his brand power perspective. His long and distinguished career has spanned the advertising industry, corporate and retail sectors and high profile consulting roles to government and private enterprise.
Other speakers will provide insight into volunteering in Australia and the community we serve.
The Conference Master of Ceremonies will be Tim Keeler District 9630 Membership Chair and Mariae Leckie, CEO, RDA Logan & Redlands. The Conference will be facilitated by Nicole Wilson, BeMore.Global.
You can register to attend the Engaging Volunteers, Recruitment & Retention Conference online only.
Registration is $55 + booking fees and is open to Rotary Club representatives and for the first time will also be open to other groups from the not-for-profit community sector.
Registrations close Wednesday 23 August.
Click here to register
Download Conference Program
08:00 | Registration Opens
08:30 | Conference Welcome
08:45 | District Governor’s Address – Elwyn Hodges
08:50 | Volunteering in Australia Current Reality – Mara Basanovic, CEO, Volunteer Queensland
09:10 | Rotary Reality – Tim Moore, Rotary Co-Ordinator, District 9820
09:20 | Panel: Volunteering in 2017 – The Youth Perspective
10:15 | Morning Tea
10:45 | Keynote Address: Power of the Rotary Brand – Allan Bonsall, Director, Brand Genetics
11:30 | Facilitator Session: Recruitment – How Will We Get There?
12:00 | Lunch
13:00 | Facilitator Session: Retention – The Membership Experience
13:25 | Facilitator Session: Choose Your Elective – Recruitment, Retention or Marketing / PR
15:00 | Facilitator Session: Complete Your Workbook
15:20 | Where to Now? Support and Resources
15:40 | Why We Serve? – Mariae Leckie, CEO, RDA Logan & Redlands
16:00 | Conference Close
16:30 | Networking Drinks (to 6:00pm)
Griffith University Logan Campus
68 University Drive, Meadowbrook QLD 4131
Griffith University Logan Campus is 25km South of Brisbane CBD, Centrally located at Meadowbrooke, the campus lies in the heart of Queensland's third-largest city. You can easily access the Logan Campus via bus, car, moterbike or bicycle.
There are four general designated parking areas for guest, all located at the front of the university, please refer to yellow zone on the map below. Parking is free on weekends.
Download Campus Map
You can catch the bus to the Logan campus from a variety of locations around the city, including Browns Plains, the Logan Hyperdome, Grand Plaza Shopping Centre and Loganlea train station.
The nearest train station is Loganlea, and a bus runs between the station and our campus every 30 minutes on weekdays.
Click here for more information
Download Sponsorship Prospectus
The Annual Rotary Membership Conference is well attended by Rotary Club representatives and for the first time will be open to others from the not-for-profit community sector. We've compiled a quick list of reasons that explain why you should participate and support this one-day conference about Engaging Volunteers, Recruitment & Retention to be held at Griffith University Logan Campus:
- Time spent contributing to important discussions: This conference follows a highly interactive format that promotes dynamic, two-way conversations and skills sharing between attendees, facilitators and panel list. Share your expertise and ensure your organisation is represented and a part of the conversation.
- Time spent strengthening and expanding networks: This conference is one of the largest annual gatherings of Rotary, and for the first time together with the community sector it represents an opportunity to make new connections to your network, and to share best practice and offerings with others in the sector.
- Time spent on learning and development: The conference is a key event for leading policy debate and development of volunteering organisations in Australia. You will be part of a collective exploration of new ways of thinking and working across a range of areas.
- Time spent thinking big picture: Dealing with day-to-day challenges and delivering critical services can make it hard to see the bigger picture. This conference allows you to broaden your focus, understand that you're part of something big, and sharpen your thinking about how we can work better collectively to create a lasting impact for the community.
Partnering with Rotary, Griffith University and Regional Development Australia (RDA) Logan & Redlands at the conference will provide your organisation with the opportunity to maintain a high profile in the community. Your brand will benefit from:
- Widespread and visible acknowledgement of your involvement in and support of the conference
- National and International exposure to approximately 200 Rotarians and decision-makers from the community sector
- An opportunity to showcase and promote your products and services to Rotary and others in the community sector
- Be part of the live radio broadcast throughout the day
- Broad pre-conference exposure through emails to our extensive contact list, e-newsletters, websites and social media (subject to sponsorship package)
- Demonstration of your organisation's commitment to volunteering and strategic leadership
- Having a high profile in the dynamic community sector before, during and following the event
Would you like to sponsor the 2017 Rotary Membership Conference? Take the time to review the Conference Sponsorship Prospectus.
Need to contact us?
Phone: 0402 001 569